It might have shown up a little behind schedule, but winter has finally arrived! To some, this is great news, to others, this means in-home hibernation. We think winter should be enjoyed by all, either inside keeping warm, or outside enjoying all the great outdoor winter activities-so we have put together a list on how you can do both! The best part of this list? All of these activities are either a short drive from your Bonadelle Neighborhoods home or found directly within our local community.
- China Peak Mountain Resort – For you ski bunnies out there, there’s a little hidden slice of frozen paradise waiting just an hour drive from Fresno. This resort is home to more than 35 groomed and backcountry runs, as well as a full lodge and restaurant. Never been skiing or snowboarding before? Don’t worry, they have full equipment rentals as well as lessons for any and all ages. Visit their website and start planning your trip: http://www.skichinapeak.com/
- Are you a hiking fanatic? Do you get bummed at the thought of snow covered trails up in the Sierra’s? Why not try snowshoeing? Don’t let a little snow stop you from exploring the great outdoors. REI provides rentals for snowshoes of all sizes, and carries a large collection of hiking-friendly snow gear. REI is located in Riverpark, just a 15 minute drive from our Bonadelle Neighborhoods community Renaissance at Bella Vista.
- In the foothills of the Sierras, the usual dry and dusty mountain biking trails turn into a sticky and tacky dirt trail playland. If you’re not a big peddler during the summer due to the heat, winter is the best time to get on the saddle and get some miles on the wheels. Check out SingleTracks.com for all of your mountain biking/trail finding needs.
- Although this facility is open year round, there is no better way to get in the winter zone than by ice skating at Gateway Ice Center. Gateway not only hosts public ice skating, but also has private lessons for all age groups, hockey and figure skating.
- Are you trying to warm up after all these cold activities? How about some nice, warm ramen? Toshiko Ramen and Sushi in Downtown Fresno is a brand new ramen shop that is already making a big splash. They offer a variety of different flavors and meat combinations, as well as a full sushi bar for those not looking to warm up quite yet.
- If you are trying to avoid winter altogether and want nothing to do with the rain or the cold or the snow, Netflix and a warm cocoa is right up your alley. CinemaBlend has put together a list of all Netflix shows and movies that will be released throughout the month of January. Pick a show, throw some marshmallows in your hot cocoa, cuddle up on your big, new sofa that matches your new, warm Bonadelle Neighborhoods home and let winter pass by overhead. We’ll see you out of hibernation once spring hits!